The revised ASOP 4 requires new disclosures and provides additional guidance that may impact pension funding valuation reports going forward. Our speakers will discuss key items including:
- A new measure of pension liabilities called low-default-risk obligation measure
- Inclusion of a reasonable actuarially determined contribution, including new guidance on amortization methods
- The implications of the contribution allocation procedure
- Performing an actuarial gain and loss analysis
- Expanded guidance on output smoothing methods
About our speakers
Kelly Adams, FSA, EA, MAAA, FCA | Kelly is a principal in the Wealth practice and leads the Public Sector Retirement specialty team. She is an actuary with 25 years of experience, including 10 years almost exclusively in the public sector. She currently peer reviews projects for public sector clients and advises actuaries on how to maintain sustainable, equitable, and valuable defined benefit retirement systems that incorporate appropriate risk sharing for all stakeholders. She is active in industry associations and conferences and conducts research on the public sector retirement industry.
David Kershner, FSA, EA, MAAA, FCA | David is a principal and consulting actuary in the Wealth practice. Based in Florida, he exclusively serves public sector clients, helping them manage the ongoing financial risks associated with their retirement plans. He has more than 30 years of experience focusing on the design, funding, and financing of pension and retiree welfare plans.